It's called VECTRA 3D. While as effective as Frontline and Advantage, VECTRA 3D does not go into your dog's bloodstream. Its effectiveness spreads over your dogs' skin.
This product is only available from licensed veterinarians, and you may have to ask your vet to get it for you since it is fairly new and not as "established" as Frontline, Advantage and Revolution. VECTRA 3D kills and repels all stages of fleas, ticks (4 species, including Lyme disease ticks), mosquitoes, lice, sand flies and mites. VECTRA 3D starts working in two hours and kills fleas in six hours. It's quick-drying, non-greasy, and water resistant.
You apply this product in a similar way to the other popular topicals. It comes with a nifty applicator that makes it easy to get down to your dog's skin.
VECTRA 3D is not for cats, and should not be used on dogs younger than seven weeks old.
This product is so good that it's actually been endorsed by a number of leading homeopathic veterinarians and dog health experts across the country. If your vet does not or will not carry VECTRA 3D, you can try this website to find a source: Summit VetPharm http://www.summitvetpharm.com/Pet-Owners/Products/Dogs-Puppies/
| Dinotefuran || 4.95% |
| Pyriproxyfen || 0.44% |
| Permethrin || 36.08% |
| 58.53% |
| 100.00% |
Fast-acting protection against fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, lice, mites and sand flies.No matter where you live, vectors (parasites) may infect your dog. It only takes one bite. That’s why it’s important to use a fast-acting vectoricide like Vectra 3D. It kills and repels vectors. Because it kills through contact, parasites don’t even have to bite to die.
- Repels and kills adult fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, lice, mites and sand flies.
- Kills on contact; parasites do not have to bite or feed to die.
- Repellent action helps reduce the risk of vectors spreading disease to your dog.
- Quick onset of activity killing adult fleas in 2 hours.
- Prevents the development of all immature flea stages: eggs, larvae and pupae.
- Protects for 1 full month.
- Remains effective after bathing and swimming.
- Protection for puppies as young as 7 weeks of age.