Questions about dog behavior and training? Send them to:
sandersagility@gmail.com.



Monday, April 28, 2008

Horror Story: Damage in the Thousands

Nicole in Selah says...
Over the years the dogs I've shared my life with have destroyed stuff likely totaling into the thousands of dollars. I can remember feeling very upset about it years ago, and less so as time went on and more things were lost to teeth, claws or other accidents. At this point I'm living in a very dog-proofed house with seven dogs and a grooming parlour downstairs. As I've learned more about dogs and come to appreciate them for what they are rather than who I once anthropomorphized them to be, little things like occassionally ruined STUFF just don't seem to matter as much. After all, there isn't anything I own that brings me as much joy as these dogs do.

Remember: "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." ~Edward Hoagland

No comments: