Last week we ran the story about the dangerous rubber ball from Four Paws. This story got LOTS of play all over the country last week, and the company (Four Paws) apparently conceded that they were in error and were changing the ball's design. If you'd like to read the follow-up, here's the correspondence from the injured dog's owner (Daniel) and the Four Paws company:
We Did It!
I'd like to take the opportunity to thank all the amazing people who took the time to help with this cause. Earlier today I reached an agreement with Four Paws Inc and am letting you know that what I wastrying to accomplish has succeeded thanks to an international community of caring individuals. Four Paws has also agreed to help with compensation of my expenses and I would like to acknowledge their willingness to try to do the right thing.The following is a correspondence that I'd like to share. Since the objective that we have set out to accomplish has been achieved, I'd like to ask if you would forward the progress made on to your networks.
All the thanks in the world,
Four paws Inc letter to Daniel:
Once again let me start off by saying how truly sorry Four Paws is for the pain that you and Chai have endured. As we discussed we immediately ceased shipment of the product in question when we learned of the problem. After reviewing the product we found there to be a manufacturing flaw in the mold. By simply looking at the product the problem is not visible, that is why our QC Department did not catch this prior to the product being shipped. The toy has a large hole on one side and a small hole on the other side. The smaller hole is there to insure airflow in order to prevent any type of suction. At first glance, the ball appears to be fine; it is only when you hold it up to the light that you can see that the smaller hole is not completely open. We have reached out to all of our customers to have them remove this product from their shelves and return them to us. We are reworking all of this inventory to insure that the product functions correctly.We are also going to post on our website and by any other means we can find to let consumers know that if they currently have this product, they should hold it up to the light and make sure the small hole is completely opened. If it is not, all they need to do is take a sharp object such as a nail and carefully push it through the small hole to open up the airway. Please be assured that we have taken all necessary steps to ensure that a situation like this does not happen again. We hope that you feel confident that we have been responsible in our quick action in correcting this problem.
Four Paws Products
Executive Vice President