Questions about dog behavior and training? Send them to:
sandersagility@gmail.com.



Monday, February 18, 2008

A Sad Update


Tragic news. Ruby Walsh, the incredible young Kerry Blue Terrier owned, trained and loved by Yakima's Erline Reber and her family, died on the morning of Feb. 4.

Ruby had been battling cancer. A round of chemotherapy had seemed to be helping, until he developed a negative reaction to it.

Ruby, who earned his CD and RE obedience titles, was just three years old.

Our hearts ache for his family--Erline, Jack, and son Andy. Please remember them in your prayers.

1 comment:

Brenda Childers said...

Dear Erline & Family ~

I am so sorry and shocked to hear about Ruby. It was just the other day that I was thinking of him. My Miniature Schnauzer Schultz and I were at Gilbert Park one afternoon during mid-winter break when a car pulled up. I expected to see Ruby and his dad but it was comeone else. I was disappointed because I always loved seeing Ruby and there was no other dog like him.

Ruby was an extrodinarily beautiful and well behaved dog who loved to play. He would bound, and jump, and circle all the while staying obediently on his long leash. His owner was also very pleasant to visit with and I could tell he loved Ruby very much and was very proud of him. I would always forget that Ruby was a male and never tired of hearing how he got his name.

My husband Steve and I are very saddened by this news and hope that your fond memories of Ruby are a comfort at this time.

Steve, Brenda, and Schultz Childers